Sunday 9 March 2014

David's Kitchen @99

First impressions. Long winding driveway through a picturesque park and manicured lawn, white restaurant with terrace. Lovely lawn and garden area leading to the river bank. Very genuine and warm, slightly formal welcome by the owner, Khun David and his staff. I must say the setting  and the service is fantastic, as you would expect from a fine dining restaurant.


We decided to dine indoors. The indoor setting was lovely too. Elegant and little formal, yet still quite simple and unpretentious. There was a lot of attention to details, like a little welcome card on the table with my name on it.

I think Khun David tries really hard to provide exceptional service and to look after the customers. I suggested some cushions for the wooden chairs as they were a little comfortable for shorter ladies like grandma, who was dining with us, and Khun David wrote me an email later in the week to say that they're going to replace the chairs with more comfortable ones!


Our waitress was excellent too, and recommended some great dishes (in case you were wondering about the food!).

BTW, the chef and partner of the business has worked at Farang Ses restaurant at Dhara Dhevi Hotel and also at Le Crystal.. pretty impressive credentials.

Classic Ceasar Salad - very nicely done with a herby dressing with a hint of anchovy. The croutons were great too made from herbed bread. 180 baht.


Pumpking Soup - what can I say, but it tastes just like the one I make at home (which means it's great!.. LOL), but creamier, and served with truffle cream (I don't have truffle cream at home!) and the croutons.  I do find the soup quite salty though. 160 baht. 


Braised Lamb Shank. Firstly, I must say that I don't eat a lot of meat, let alone lamb. Admittedly, I did have some lamb in a couple of restaurants in previous posts, as I wanted to try something different from what I normally have. I don't really know what lamb is supposed to be like. However, I did enjoy it. It was so tender meat was falling from the bone. The gravy was good too, but again, quite salty for me... and it was HUGE! 690 baht.


Grandma went for the Steamed Snow Fish, which turned out to be really lovely. 720 baht.


Other dishes available from David's Kitchen include various pasta dishes, priced from 220 baht - 380 baht. They are also starting new Thai fusion menu soon as well.

So all in all, a lovely restaurant. Beautiful setting, great food, lovely staff, great service. The price may seem high, but I think it's quite reasonable for what you get. Would love to go back to try more dishes, especially the Thai fusion!

David's Kitchen @99
99/9 Moo 3, Sanphiseur Rd
Sanphiseur, Muang, Chiang Mai
Tel: 053 110 732
Opens:
Mon: 10am-11pm
Wed - Sun: 10am-11pm
Facebook page




View David's Kitchen @99 in a larger map

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin